Sunday, October 29, 2017

Trust

Lost in thoughts
Thinking of plights
Look at me in the eye
And dare say any more lie

I swear if I were alive
I would have wasted no more time
But crush me, oh you did
My heart and love
The fire that was inside
Smoldering and barely alive

For something that you call Just
You did the demons deed
Now watching me bleed
You wish to believe
That nothing went wrong
The sorrow was fine

But look, look at me in the eye
And catch yourself midst of lie
In this tangled mess you left me and mine
Everything scattered on the edge

The edge of my past that I thought love alas
Now forgotten here I sit
Waiting for you to pay for what you did
I sit here with wounded pride
Wishing that I will heal with time
And get what I thought I deserve
A little love and lots of trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment